Monday 21 May 2012

Go Fitness!


I’m on a mission to find out what sort of exercise really does keep us motivated to stay active and fit? Is it the exercise or the motivator?

Over the next few months, I'll be highlighting some of the health and wellbeing 'stars' in my community and reporting back to you.  I hope that maybe you’ll join me and explore what’s on offer in your area too?  

It’s the year of the London Olympics so what better motivation do we need to get fit?

Are you up for the challenge? Well, let’s get motivated!


Kevin Matthews with students & teachers

Go Fitness! This event was organized by Kevin Matthews and Samantha Russell of Fitness For Your Future and was held in my local town Enfield on Sunday 13th May.  The day was designed to bring health enthusiasts and their friends together to enjoy a variety of fitness classes. 

Kindly invited by Kevin and Sam I thought this would be an excellent fitness challenge.  The timetable read Zumba, Body Combat, Total Tone, Body Attack and Stretch.  Just to test me a little more I was given a MOVband to wear.  The MOVband is a wrist worn perdometer/activity monitor designed for kids and adults and FFF are currently the UK’s distributors. It’s really easy to use and an exciting way to track your daily steps and movement mileage.

It’s been a while since I hung up my aerobic teacher boots in favour of the yoga mat but, wow,  it didn’t take me long to get back into the swing.  The teachers were full of energy and kept us motivated throughout.  Even now I can’t quite believe I took part in five back to back sessions, clocked up 10 miles and still had energy later to take my kids out for a bike ride!


'I did it!'

I have since bought MOVbands (in funky colours) for my family.  My boys love them and one day they clocked up 29 miles on the trampoline.  Now that’s active! 

I would thoroughly recommend taking part in a Go Fitness Event because it's not just about getting fit, it’s about having fun,  trying something new and meeting likeminded people.   Maybe I’ll see you there next time?

For information about FFF Events and MOVbands go to www.fitnessforyourfuture.co.uk


Who motivates you? Would you like me to come and review your favourite class or activity?

I'd love to hear from you.  Please contact me here

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, these mov bands sound very interesting.....she said peering down at her tummy spilling over the top of her jeans. xx

    ReplyDelete