Monday 21 May 2012

Who motivates the motivator?


Me & Mus



How do you motivate the motivator?  My answer: find a great teacher.  

I love being around people who are passionate about what they do.  Their enthusiasm radiates an infectious energy and leaves you wanting more.  As a dancer, fitness instructor and an award winning yoga teacher (did I mention the award?) I like to think I’m a passionate health advocate...but I still need motivating!

Who are my favourite motivators?  I seem to have created a team of them over the years.  Some come and go whilst others seem to become lifelong friends.  My yoga guru, Denise Martin Harker, runs Aware studio in Ware.  She’s been my teacher and mentor for many years and I believe I will be her eternal student.  Then there’s Mus (pictured) a talented personal trainer who trains me like an athlete and then there’s Maggie, Forty Hall Running Club, who at 60+ is the inspiration I aspire to be.

But my favourite motivators of all time, are my two boys.  They remind me to have fun with fitness.  So we’ll try yoga on the trampoline, ride our bikes through big muddy puddles or dance like Diversity in front of the telly.  They’re my biggest excuse to be silly and if there’s ever a reason to maintain my health and wellbeing, then it’s for them.  Being their role model is important as I hope to encourage them to lead a healthy lifestyle.

So do you have a favourite motivator? I would love to know who they are? 

Over the next few months I'll be highlighting some of the health and wellbeing 'stars' of my community in the hope that you'll explore some of the services on offer in yours.  

Or better still why not come and try some with me? It’s the year of the London Olympics so what better motivation to get fit do we need? 

Are you up for the challenge? Well, let’s get motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment